“Diversity and Inclusivity in Youth Leadership: Empowerment through Innovation”
The overall objective of the project proposal is to encourage a culture of respect for diversity and inclusivity among youth in Albania through strengthened partnership between civil society, academia and business sector.
1 – to strengthen collaboration between civil society, academia and business sector working together for diversity and inclusivity among youth.
2 – to empower youth towards respect and engagement in diversity and inclusivity in society in all their activities.
Albania: Tirana, Shkodra, Fier
01 June 2019 – 30 September 2019
Centre for Comparative and International Studies
Partner: Tech360 Smart Solutions
Read more www.tech360.al
This project is co-financed through a sub-grant provided within the project “Divided Past-Joint Future”, funded by the External Actions of the European Union.
Read more: http://jointfuture.org/
Diversity and Inclusivity:
This project proposal strengthens partnership between local stakeholders in Albania such as civil society, academia and business sector to partner together and commit towards respect for diversity and inclusivity. This project seeks to tackling prejudices and stereotypical attitudes against minorities, and promotion of equal opportunities in all aspects of life including education, employment, health, housing and social affairs, to name a few, all of which constitute basic human rights.
This project promotes exchange of good practices in fighting discrimination against vulnerable and marginalized youth and promote tolerance, diversity and inclusivity in Albania. This project will enable Roma & non – Roma youth and other minorities to jointly develop and lead quality roadshows which contribute to intercultural acceptance of diversity in local communities and further develop their competences in communication, building partnerships with local stakeholders, conflict transformation and teamwork.
- A group (50) of young people, community activists, business representatives, students and lecturers’ competences and knowledge on diversity and inclusivity in society enhanced.
- 3 roadshows entitled “Diversity and Inclusivity in Youth Leadership: Empowerment through Innovation” organised in three different cities in Albania covering north, centre and south of the country.
- A pool of empowered youth (12) disseminate their knowledge in roadshows in their local communities regarding respect for diversity and inclusivity accompanied with presentations to raise awareness and understanding of human rights and inclusive society.
- A video documentary produced featuring all project results and transmitted through online social media channels as well as shared with involved institutions.
- Final roundtable entitled “Diversity and Inclusivity in Youth Leadership: Partnering for a better future” organised, bringing together all stakeholders from academia, civil society and business sector participating in the project to showcase the results of the project and commit to partnering for an inclusive society.
This project is co-funded by the European Union. The content of this flyer does not reflect the official opinion of the European Union. Responsibility for the information and views expressed in the therein lies entirely with the author(s).